Sunday, July 16, 2017

How I'm spending my summer (note I don't say 'vacation')

As you know, I work full-time in a Day Job, and write whenever I can, usually in the evenings. So there really isn't a summer vacation for me because if I'm not doing one, I'm doing the other. Don't get me wrong: I love writing, but there are times when it's nice to do one or the other, not both.

So I did that for a few weeks. I finished my latest manuscript in mid-June and I took a month off from writing. Oh, I did revisions and reviews, and I started jotting down a few scenes for a new book, but mostly I just did the Day Job and nothing else.

I read a few books, I did a bit of gardening, I watched some movies ... and I got bored. So I'm back to writing something new and totally different. I am curious to see how this goes.

Stay tuned ... updates to come in a month or so!