Saturday, December 3, 2011

Almost there

I hope to upload Mist today and get it going on Smashwords (eventually Barnes & Noble and other outlets) as well as Kindle. The print version is going through a second proof stage. I wasn't 100% pleased with the first one.

This marks the end of my first year of my self-publishing journey. And to be honest: no, it hasn't been worth it. Don't get me wrong: I'm happy I did it. I got my History Patrol books out there with rockin' great covers. And I'm self-pubbing Mist, Twistered, and 2 more books. These are books that my former publisher might have picked up, but I doubt it. There just isn't enough romance, and you know what--I'm not into writing romance anymore.

In fact, I'm not sure I'm into writing any more. That's another topic discussed elsewhere, but suffice it to say -- this blog will be a bit quiet in the coming months. I'll still be writing and publishing, but my output has dropped dramatically and I wonder if I'll still be doing it in a few years.

I started this journey in 2004 when I promised myself I would try to get published. I get it 10 years, and 2014 is coming up fast. That's when I'm going to take a serious look back and decide if it's something I want to continue.

Until then ... on to the next book!