Monday, January 8, 2018

Hot Rods and Homicides!

The next book is one of those "I wonder what would happen if ..." books. I was in a parking garage one day and I heard an argument somewhere in the garage. Given how things echo, I wasn't sure where the voices were coming from. They were arguing in a foreign languge, I think German -- I speak French and some Spanish, and it wasn't those.

As I left the garage, I thought, "Gee, I wonder what would happen if someone overheard an argument and it turns out that was right before a murder. And that person saw the murderer ..."

And lo, "Homicides, Hostages, and Hot Rod Restorations" was born. I love researching things I know nothing about for my books, and this was no exception. The heroine is a rather erudite person, and I had fun checking facts about the English language. Plus she's of Rom heritage, so that involved some research. Then there was the whole car restoration stuff.

Lots of fun to research and write. This was the first of the "Gypsy cousin" books (followed by "PhDs" and "Ex-Wives", to be mentioned later). If you like an interesting heroine and a somewhat shy hero, this one might be for you.

http://bit.ly/Wilson_hotrods