Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Surfing and Strangling

This book came from a conference I attended in Florida.

It was one of the first writers' conferences I attended and it was an enlightening experience for me. I was under contract for three ebooks to be published that year, with the books coming out later in print.

Some of the more established writers there were dismissive of my ebooks. I mean, no one can make a living on ebooks, right? They're not *real* books, right?

One of those authors was Joe Konrath, who later became one of the biggest ebook advocates out there.

Isn't it funny how life works out?

Anyway, I had to create a fictional conference, complete with theme and location, as well as (of course) decide who would be murdered. I mixed up the above-mentioned conference with one of the bigger romance conferences, and lo, this book was born.

It's the 2nd in my Fatal Writer's Conference series and it continues the relationship of the two main characters. It can be read as a standalone, but the other books in the series help give it added meaning. I'll be talking about those books later this year.

For now, though, during this cold winter, enjoy a bit of Sun, Surf, and Sandy Strangulation.

http://bit.ly/SurfWilson