Thursday, March 1, 2018

A leap year book leaping in here

I know I shouldn't say this -- parents should never say they have a Favorite Child -- but I have to admit that this book is my Favorite Child.

There are many reasons for this. It's one of the first one I wrote in 1st person, a POV that I discovered was perfect for me. I adore the hero, JT McCord, a cop who has returned to his home town and the woman he jilted years before.

I also love Molly, the heroine. She sorts her M&Ms by color for the psychic impact they give her, and she's feisty, independent, and reluctantly willing to take a second chance on love.

Add in a cast of characters including Melvin the pig and it's a fun, light-hearted book.

This is also one of those books that I just wrote -- I had no idea who the killer was until I got to about chapter 10 and realized that, damn, I need to layer in some clues here if so-and-so did it. So I went back and reworked a few scenes, and six weeks later, I had a book.

Yep, you read that right. I wrote this book in about 8 weeks. I always said this book wrote itself, I was just the medium through which it came to life.

If you haven't read it, take a chance on it -- and if you have read it, tell me: did you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it?

Oh, and FYI: it released on Feb 29...

http://bit.ly/candy_book