Friday, June 15, 2018

The one that started it all

My first book published!!!

Oh, those were the days of heady excitement, endless attempts at promotion, waiting for bated breath for reviews ...

I think it's stood the test of time (it's 11 years old now. Really? How did that happen?) This is the one where there's a potluck at work and someone dies after eating the heroine's brownies.

As always, I got the idea for this at a, you guessed it, company potluck. How easy would it be to poison something and just wait for it take effect?

Well, it's not as easy as you think; I mean, the police are pretty good at detecting this kind of stuff. But I still had a lot of fun with the idea.

This is the book that kicked it off -- and here I am, still plotting and still thinking, "I wonder how I could kill someone here and get away with it ..."


http://bit.ly/brownies_book