Saturday, March 17, 2012

Writing angst today

I have two major woes with writing these days. And man, they both P me off.

1. A boo boo in my book. Yep, in Mist. I uploaded it to iTunes and read it and BAM found two wrong words all within the first chapter. I read that book at least 5 or 6 times. My beta reader read it twice. I read it again. And there are STILL wrong words. I so hate when that happens! I may hold a contest for readers and they can tell me where the problems are. Sheesh. It makes me look like such an amateur and I'm NOT. Sheesh.

2. Legal issues. I am working on several books (simultaneously, but hey, that's how I roll) and 2 of them are based loosely on children's stories (Oz, and Pooh). But given the legal problems I've had with the sale of my house, I thought, "hmm. Better look into this." So I've hired a lawyer to review my manuscript and my plans so I make sure I don't get sued.

Not a happy writing time, no sir. It makes me wonder why I'm in the biz.

On the up side: I'm off today to meet some fellow writers here in Iowa. First time with this group, so I think it'll be fun. I hope it's fun enough to make me happy about my writing again!

Grr.